Sunday, February 12, 2012

As I lie in bed (My faithful dog)

As I lie in bed
on a Saturday morning,
warm, cozy and content--
gazing at 6” of new snow,
my faithful dog comes by
tail waggin’ around
and says:
“Hey, you’re up!
Let’s go out!
Right now would be good!”

As I settle myself
at my desk ready to work,
the household chores done--
and all my errands run,
my faithful dog arrives
grubby toy in her mouth
and says:
“Hey, you’re up!
Let’s play tug-o-war!
Right now would be good!”

As I rest on the sofa
a little tired and sad
my nook in hand--
the remote close by.
my faithful dog sidles over
and says:
“Hey, there you are!
“I’m hungry, feed me now!
Right now would be good!”

Her eyes say it all:
“Whatever I want
would make you happy, right?
Right now would be good.”

No comments:

Post a Comment