Sunday, August 13, 2017

Sometimes I am not in sole control of my soul

upon awakening,
I should find what I am thankful for to begin the day.
I roll over instead and grab the puppy
for a security blanket.

upon rising,
massive stretching is required before movement
and the feet are tender as if they have shrunk overnight
and can not support me.

upon walking,
I haven’t settled on a single thankful thing –
not that I’m not.  Just undecided. 
Bed or day.  Day or Bed?.

upon breathing,
I am glad I am alive; there is much to do
to put my house in order –
and figuratively.

upon thinking,
I realize staying focused on the present moment
is easy without a To Do list.  I think this is key. 
Why has no one written a book about this?

I wash my face and brush my teeth.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete