Saturday, March 19, 2011

40 Days to Revolution 3/20/11

Courageous moments

Have you ever stood on a cliff
on the edge of the world wondering, what if?

One step and you fall into the abyss
or you fly into a future of bliss.

I have.
I have stood on a cliff holding my best friend’s hand
when we said, “I do” and, “yes we can.”

Have you ever faced a thicket--
a wall of bushes so high stretching left and right?

The intertwined branches and leaves
making a dense tangled fence.

I have.
I have faced the thicket of unknowns holding in one hand my child’s hand
and in the other a machete to wield against the wilderness.

Have you ever been in a celestial black hole
with dark shadows closing in on your soul?

Where the tiny light is brilliant and tender
where the time is short and honored.

I have.
I have hung upon that precipice of darkness
and laid to rest half my heart.

Have you ever been blinded with half a mind?
Felt permanently puzzled and paralyzed?

Wondering how am I to improvise?
What should I do? What’s the point?

I have.
Daily, I have stood in that lonely spot and felt lost
and unprepared, and yet have persevered.

These are my courageous moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment