Monday, February 11, 2013

Here’s the truth, angel (My dog died.)

Part I

Here’s the truth, angel
Every damn loss the same
It hurts. There’s pain.

Here’s the truth, angel.
They gone, I’m here.
And that’s a fact.

Even if there's heaven, angel,
And they may in it,
I ain’t.

I here, hurtin’ --
Wishin’ it weren’t so.
I’m here alooo--ne again.

Pushin’ that damn rock
Up that damn hill. Stupid rock
Stupid hill.

Here’s the truth angel,
Every damn loss is the same

Part II

Angel, my heart is squeezed tight
Cinched in with it’s own little corset
Spurtin’ tears out my eyes.

Angel, my breath is short.
Shallow little breaths
Like I don’t want to breathe any of this here air.

‘Cause I don’t
I just as soon stop right here.
Stop breathin’.     Disappear.

Angel, I do got that choice
Being flat out myself. We all do.
… Do or die.

Part III

Here’s the truth, angel
I ain’t got the energy to die.
I dead enough already.

Do I need this, angel--
To love and be loved?
Angel, answer that true.

No comments:

Post a Comment