Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Conjoined Twins

Angel, I want to kill my twin;
she is a drain
always moping and sighing
I do not want to shoulder her burdens or
take on her thoughts on as my own.

Angel, we were born together,
with the same blue eyes on the world
but without the same view of its contents.
I do not see why she should have an opinion
she so scared and awkward and shy
she so poorly suited to this dog eat dog life.

Angel, find me a surgeon to separate us
take out half my brain
give her an arm and a leg
let her have the pain and fear
leave me the bright ideas and the courage.
Give her the nagging reminders of “what if” and “I can’t”
and leave me with “I will” and “I can”.

Angel, find a targeted poison I can swallow
that will kill her ugly thoughts
and leave me the saintly ones.
I have been struggling with her my whole life
cut us apart, Angel, but leave me the heart
and make sure she is the one that dies
because there is little time left.

No comments:

Post a Comment